When selecting the air compressor that is right for your application, there are a number of issues which should be considered. The basic considerations will be as follows:
- What pressure do I need for the optimum performance of the equipment or processes that I am using the air for?
- What size air compressor do I require?
- What type of compressor should I install – reciprocating, rotary screw, rotary vane or rotary scroll?
- Should my compressor be lubricated or oil-less/oil-free?
- Will the compressor be in an area where noise may affect personnel working in the area? If so, what options do I have for either noise attenuation of the air compressor, or installing it in an area which is remote from personnel?
- Should the compressor be air-cooled or water-cooled?
- What electrical power is available to operate the compressor?
- How much piping, and what size and type will be required to distribute