Dry Sprinkler System Air Compressors for Fire Protection
Air Power Products Ltd. (APPL) manufactures dry sprinkler system air compressors, which are required for dry pipe sprinkler systems. Our dry sprinkler system air compressors are designed for unheated buildings/warehousing, parking garages and commercial refrigerated warehouses. In any location where water cannot be used in a sprinkler system, and a dry pipe system must be installed, our air compressors will provide the capacity and performance required.
Features of Dry Sprinkler System Air Compressors
The sprinkler systems comprise pressurized air within the piping. The pressurized air is released when the sprinkler is activated. Upon sprinkler actuation, there is a slight delay in the water discharge. At this point, the pressurized air escapes from the system, after which water flows into the piping system via a dry pipe valve.
APPL provides dry sprinkler system air compressors with the following features:
• Maximum pressure: 60 PSIG
• Both baseplate-mount and receiver-mount units
• Receiver Size Range: 14 to 120 gallons
• Standard system sizes with capacities ranging from 242 to 1600 gallons
• Motor voltages to suit user specifications.
Benefits of APPL Sprinkler System Air Compressors
The following are a few of the benefits of using APPL sprinkler system air compressors.
• Cast iron compressor design that including frames and cylinders to ensure long service life.
• All receiver-mounted units are tested prior to shipment.
• Complete line of accessories including vee belt guard, motor starters, vibration isolator mounts, flexible connectors, vibration activated hour meters, and more.
• Receiver-mounted units include pressure switches, discharge line check valves, pressure gauge, ASME safety relief valve, receiver condensate drain and service valve.
• Quick deliver for units with customer specified motor voltages in single phase and three phase electrics.
Compressors are assembled and tested under APPL’s ISO9000 registered quality assurance program, so our customers can expect consist product quality and performance.